Bikinis to one pieces, everyone wants to look fabulous at the pool. Here’s how 🙂
– With all the extra time in summer, it’s a great time to try a new sport or fitness activity. If you have any “trouble areas”, do a few extra things for that spot (ie- Lunges for your butt and thighs) but don’t obsess. Check out https://massieblockonabudget.wordpress.com/2013/04/13/get-a-goregous-body-part-2/ for some great tips and vist sites like fitsugar for workouts.
– To haul around all the water proof mascara, smart water liter bottles and SPF 50 bottles, you need a cute but sturdy tote bag. Avoid materials like leather and choose ones that can stand pool water and coatings of SPF 50. Cotton, mesh, and canvas are perfect.
Packing it up
– I know, everyone from Teen Vogue to your creepy dermatolgist says to wear sunscreen, but they are all right. And since when are wrinkles and cancer in fashion? Bottom line, reapply every 2 hours when you are outside and choose makeup with SPF. Take this fun quiz (http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/quizzes/q_sunscreen) to find out the right one for you.
Bikini so teeny
– If you don’t like bikinis, don’t wear them. The key is to find a swim suit that fits you well, has a reasonable price and makes you look ah-mazing.
– http://www.xojane.com/clothes/hey-huge-breasted-girls-it-our-swimsuit-season is a great source for bigger busted girls. (disclamer- some swearing is in this link. I have no control over what the author says or any of her statements.)
– Some more great link for cute bathing suits … http://www.collegefashion.net/fashion-tips/16-cute-bikinis-for-different-body-shapes/ & http://www.collegefashion.net/shopping/cute-affordable-swimwear-20-fab-tankinis-monokinis-and-
Makeup up your mind
– Puh-lease skip the makeup. You are at the pool! Waterproof mascara (Covergirl 24 hour LashBlast mascara seriously lasts. It may not say waterproof, but trust me it is!), tinted lip balm with SPF, sunscreen and you are done chica!
– Use a sugar scrub to exfoliate (not much $? Make your own. Just combine sugar with hydrating ingredients like coconut oil then mix it together and add a cute label. Done!) then put on a thick body butter for extra moisture.
– Finish it all off with 2 coats of polish, add some top coat and grab some flip flops! You look wonderful 😉
* Makeover is done! What do you think?
– Part 2 to a post on Massie’s diary is out! What do you think?
– Requests are open! Send me any topic suggestions and I just may write about them.
– Also if you need advice, jot a quick email or comment on the Ask the Alpha page.
* I’m super close to 2000 views!! Thank you so much! From following and commenting to even just glancing at my blog, thank you so much. This is ah-mazing to say the least.
I hope you don’t mind all the puns in this post! Hope everyone is having a great summer.