Chances are, if you are reading this that you love the Clique series by Lisi Harrison. And don’t get me wrong, it’s one of my favorite series (after all, I made a blog about it 🙂 ) But sometimes, it’s a good thing to try other book series.
All of these series are Massie approved and have all been read by me. In other news, they all have to fabulous in order to make it into this post. I also picked a few books in other genres if you are looking to branch out a little farther. So what are you waiting for?
These books are written in the style of the clique, focus on similar things or feature some of the same qualities that you loved about the clique.
I’d tell you that I love you but then I’d have kill you by Ally Carter
– A cute and funny read with plenty of action. A must for any James Bond fans.
Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar
A older version of the clique filled with tons of gossip and drama. Warning- I wouldn’t read these if you are under 13-14. There is some not very PG content, just to warn you.
Alphas by Lisi Harrison
My other favorite series by Lisi Harrison. It’s filled with the same things you love about the clique only with 3 new girls.
Secrets of my Hollywood life by Jean Calonita
A fun series on what it’s really like to be famous. I loved the Hollywood facts introducing each chapter.
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
Besides being a fabulous TV series, this is a wonderful book series. All the drama and mystery makes it super addicting. Warning- I wouldn’t read these if you are under 12-13. These may not be suitable for younger girls (or guys).
Airhead by Meg Cabot
A addicting read about a model’s identity theft.
Talent by Zoey Dean
A fast paced book about an Alpha and her clique trying to make it in Hollywood.
These are great picks if you are interested in branching out even farther or are a fan of other genres.
The lost hero by Rick Riordan
A fast paced action read with plenty of humor. If you like mythology, you’ll love this book.
The Penderwicks by Jeanie Birdsall
A charming book that makes for a great summer read.
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
A mesmerizing paranormal book set in the south with the perfect mixture of action and a little bit of romance.
The Outsiders by S.E Hinton
A fascinating story about a rift between 2 cliques set in the 1950’s.
Matilda by Ronald Dahl
While this may not be for your age, it’s an ah-dorable must read classic children’s book.
Lauren Conrad Style by Lauren Conrad
Anyone can learn something from this book. And I was no exception. From a great guide to shopping vintage to perfecting Lauren’s signature cat eye, there is something for everyone.
The Selection by Kiera Cass
What if a lottery allowed 35 teenage girls to compete for the hand of a handsome prince? The drama and mystery all unfolds in this fabulous read.
The Teen Vogue Handbook
A must have book for anyone who loves fashion and/or ever wants to work with it. The interviews (like the one with Marc Jacobs for example) are super fun to read and filled with fab advice. Not to mention tons of outfit ideas and a list of colleges that are fashion focused.
Want more suggestions?
– Try book review blogs and sites like Goodreads to find what’s worth reading.
– Ask friends, family, etc. for suggestions.
– Go to a library for advice, books and not to mention free wifi
In other news….
– Plus sized? This is a fabulous link- http://www.collegefashion.net/shopping/the-top-10-stores-for-plus-size-fashion/
– Makeover is coming soon! As much as I love my current one, I feel that it’s time for a new change. My posts don’t really suit the whole vintage theme.
– Also, I’ve been getting some rude comments recently. Please keep them to yourself. Calling me a “fraud LBR” doesn’t make you any better and is a waste of both of our time.
– Massie’s diary is going to be re formatted. Maybe I’ll start a wattpad or something, and you can read the chapters there. Details are coming ASAP.
– Let me know if you want an Instagram and/or kik. I personally think what I currently have is enough, but let me know what you think.