So you have a history test tomorrow, your dog needs to be walked, you need to cite your sources for that science essay & you have to unload the dishwasher. Not to mention, you have soccer practice in 20 minutes.
All in a day’s work right? But if you want your day to go by a little bit easier, here are my favorite tips & tricks for saving time.
Cite your sources in seconds
– I love http://www.easybib.com/ as it allows me to make citations with the snap of my fingers (or a tap on the keyboard)
Find your way to study
– Do you work better with rap or country music? What about no music? Experiment to see what works best for you and stay with it to avoid ah-nother all nighter.
Make it digital
– Keep a bookmarks folder on your computer/tablet to quickly use your favorite resources. Some of my favorites include http://howmanysyllables.com/index.html (great for any language arts assignments) & http://www.mathdoesntsuck.com/.
Take nice notes
– Use pretty ink and pay attention to emphasized words/phrases. This saves you tons of time when it comes to studying.
Only check your emails 2-3 times a day
– A lot times, emails aren’t ASAP. Most likely, your inbox is filled with Total Beauty newsletters and WordPress updates.
Flat iron your hair the night before
– Just touch it up in the morning & sleep with a loose high bun. Use that extra time for your much-needed beauty sleep or try something new with your makeup. Cat eyes anyone?
– Wanting curls? Try sponge curlers. Curls created with a heated tool (think curling wand or iron) tend to tangle and not hold very well. Not to mention, sponge curlers use no heat!
Set everything out
– Grab a cute tray from your local Hobby Lobby and set out all the beauty supplies you normally use each day. Save the special stuff (purple mascara?) in a separate location.
– What started as a trend is now a must have. Grab a can (I’m loving Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo) and spray away.
Soft and Smooth
– Put on thick body butter or even Vaseline on dry feet and slip your favorite fuzzy socks. You’ll wake up with amazingly soft feet.
– For those nights (or days) when you don’t want to wash your face, face wipes are the perfect solution. Just like any cleanser or face wash though, be sure to get the right kind for your skin type. My current favorite is Neutrogena Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes Pink Grapefruit ($6) which works great on oily/combination skin and does wonders for acne.
Skip the toner
– Oily/Combo skin? Your face doesn’t even need toner. It tries out your skin and send oil production on overload. (not great for acne) Not to mention, you’ll save extra money.
– Got dry or normal skin? Use a hydrating face mist instead of toner.
& the winner is
I loved her polyvore set, it was ah-dorable & she had such an amazing caption. You could really tell she put a lot of work and I’m happy to say, she’s the newest member of the A-list.
She’ll receive Polyvore & Blog promotions, a blog critique on any of her blogs & of course the password for my new blog, The A-list.
Her Polyvore was super important and she managed to make Hound’s-tooth wearable (is that not ah-mazing or what?) I adored her set and am now happy to say that she’s the latest member of the A-list.
She’s receive a blog critique on any of her blogsand of course the password for my latest blog, the A-list.
Thanks to everyone for entering! I had such a tough time choosing because everyone’s entries were so fab 🙂
In other news
-Thanks to http://diamond-prnicess.tumblr.com/ for the ah-mazing pictures! Go follow her, she’s so sweet and one of my best friends 🙂
– I apologize for the lack of tips. School has been soo crazy. That being said, I may not do weekly posts like in the summer. My posts will come around once or twice a month during a normal school month. During May (when I have so much testing it’s crazy), I may not have one at all. School has to come before blogging. Even if I like blogging better 😛