So you have a history test tomorrow, your dog needs to be walked, you need to cite your sources for that science essay & you have to unload the dishwasher. Not to mention, you have soccer practice in 20 minutes.
All in a day’s work right? But if you want your day to go by a little bit easier, here are my favorite tips & tricks for saving time.
Cite your sources in seconds
– I love http://www.easybib.com/ as it allows me to make citations with the snap of my fingers (or a tap on the keyboard)
Find your way to study
– Do you work better with rap or country music? What about no music? Experiment to see what works best for you and stay with it to avoid ah-nother all nighter.
Make it digital
– Keep a bookmarks folder on your computer/tablet to quickly use your favorite resources. Some of my favorites include http://howmanysyllables.com/index.html (great for any language arts assignments) & http://www.mathdoesntsuck.com/.
Take nice notes
– Use pretty ink and pay attention to emphasized words/phrases. This saves you tons of time when it comes to studying.
Only check your emails 2-3 times a day
– A lot times, emails aren’t ASAP. Most likely, your inbox is filled with Total Beauty newsletters and WordPress updates.
Flat iron your hair the night before
– Just touch it up in the morning & sleep with a loose high bun. Use that extra time for your much-needed beauty sleep or try something new with your makeup. Cat eyes anyone?
– Wanting curls? Try sponge curlers. Curls created with a heated tool (think curling wand or iron) tend to tangle and not hold very well. Not to mention, sponge curlers use no heat!
Set everything out
– Grab a cute tray from your local Hobby Lobby and set out all the beauty supplies you normally use each day. Save the special stuff (purple mascara?) in a separate location.
– What started as a trend is now a must have. Grab a can (I’m loving Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo) and spray away.
Soft and Smooth
– Put on thick body butter or even Vaseline on dry feet and slip your favorite fuzzy socks. You’ll wake up with amazingly soft feet.
– For those nights (or days) when you don’t want to wash your face, face wipes are the perfect solution. Just like any cleanser or face wash though, be sure to get the right kind for your skin type. My current favorite is Neutrogena Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes Pink Grapefruit ($6) which works great on oily/combination skin and does wonders for acne.
Skip the toner
– Oily/Combo skin? Your face doesn’t even need toner. It tries out your skin and send oil production on overload. (not great for acne) Not to mention, you’ll save extra money.
– Got dry or normal skin? Use a hydrating face mist instead of toner.
& the winner is
I loved her polyvore set, it was ah-dorable & she had such an amazing caption. You could really tell she put a lot of work and I’m happy to say, she’s the newest member of the A-list.
She’ll receive Polyvore & Blog promotions, a blog critique on any of her blogs & of course the password for my new blog, The A-list.
Her Polyvore was super important and she managed to make Hound’s-tooth wearable (is that not ah-mazing or what?) I adored her set and am now happy to say that she’s the latest member of the A-list.
She’s receive a blog critique on any of her blogsand of course the password for my latest blog, the A-list.
Thanks to everyone for entering! I had such a tough time choosing because everyone’s entries were so fab 🙂
In other news
-Thanks to http://diamond-prnicess.tumblr.com/ for the ah-mazing pictures! Go follow her, she’s so sweet and one of my best friends 🙂
– I apologize for the lack of tips. School has been soo crazy. That being said, I may not do weekly posts like in the summer. My posts will come around once or twice a month during a normal school month. During May (when I have so much testing it’s crazy), I may not have one at all. School has to come before blogging. Even if I like blogging better 😛
Everyone knows that you have to look beyond ah-mazing for the first day of school. That’s why I’ve compiled this list of tips, tricks, and links to make your first day perfect!
Try going natural
– Embracing your natural texture is so much healthier and lots of times easier then flat ironing constantly. There are so many ah-mazing products for curly hair (and vice versa) that there is no excuse not to. The first step is to find out what your hair type is and go from there.
– For example, I’m a 2c/3a which means I have wavy/curly hair that’s very prone to frizz. To find out your own hair type, use http://hairconnection.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/hair-classification.png.
– http://www.naturallycurly.com/ is a wonderful resource for girls with wavy, curly, or kinky hair.
– Dying to recreate that braided bun on pinintrest? Summer is a great time to try it not 5 minutes before your ride for school leaves.
– Same goes for makeup. This is a great time to finally learn how to curl your lashes or perfect your smokey eye.
Do a deep conditioning treatment
– This is a must have for dry, frazzled, and frizzy hair. Not to mention, your hair will look great in time for the first day! I love Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery hair mask.
Do a face mask
– It doesn’t matter if you DIY or just pick one up from Ulta; Face masks are great for your skin and can be super relaxing. Plus you’ll have great skin just in time for the first day of school.
Buy the right makeup
– With tests, texting and yet another track practice, finding the time to buy the proper makeup can be tricky. Use your extra time now to do some research and buy the right type of makeup.
The Night Before
– Set out your outfit! 6 am outfit panics are the worst!
– Go over everything. Look at what classes you have, etc. That way, you won’t be lost.
– Relax! Take a bubble bath, go on a run, etc. Just do something that makes you relaxed and happy.
– Do your nails! Youtube has tons of great videos so you won’t wear Ballerina Slippers again.
These are my favorite back to school finds all under $30.
– Maybelline bouncy blush ($8) These are so cute! Not to mention the great colors and staying power!
– Old Navy The Rockstar Floral print skinny jeans ($17.87) So flattering on any body type! Not to mention the print adds a cute twist to outfits.
– Forever 21 Two tone scarf ($7.80) This is so perfect for fall time! The beige keeps it classic while the pink adds some edge.
– Vera Bradley 2014 Student Agenda ($18) You may be thinking “18 dollars for a planner?” But this planner is super cute not to mention the fun stickers and amazing quality.
Buy cute supplies!
– If the extra $1.50 spent on your binder makes you more likely to study, then spend it! I’m not saying that you need a be-dazzled calculator (but that would be cute!) to study, but there is nothing wrong with spending a little bit extra money.
Invite a Friend!
-This is such a great way to meet that new girl in AP Bio or bond with some old ones.
Play some music
– If Macklemore helps you study better, then go for it!
– After 45 minutes or so, I typically take a break. Why? This keeps me from going crazy and/or having a fried brain. Just limit your breaks to 15-25 minutes.
Let’s be honest. Apps like Instagram & Twitter are major distractions. Avoid checking more then twice a day and save Snapchatting for after Math homework.
– Do you really need to follow 678 people? Exactly. Delete the ones that haven’t posted in over 2 months or that you don’t really care about.
In other news…
– I added an FAQ page 🙂 & deleted my PC page.
– The A-list contest deadline is coming soon. Deadline is 8/26/13!
– My next post is on taking good notes.
– My wrist is doing better 🙂 I just recently hurt my ankle and am in a boot as well. Perks of being a klutz.
“Where getting in is the easy part”
I’m talking about the A-List of course. Which is a brand new contest brought to you by MBOB.
Imagine seeing trends before they hit Vogue, product reviews and beauty tips, and a sneak peek on what I’m posting next. How about all that for a whole year? That’s right.
– 3 fabulous girls will be a part of the A-list.
– To become a part of this, leave me a comment on this blog post saying that you will enter. You must have a WordPress, email, and Polyvore to be qualified.
– Make a polyvore set. Your topic must be one beauty or one fashion.
– Tag me in the set and email me a link of the set.
– Your sets must be entered to me, by 8/26/13. This gives you plenty of time to complete the sets and enjoy your summer. 🙂
– Want more info and/or see who you are competing with. Go look at my new page, titled “The A-list”
– Access to the A-list for one whole year. You will get the password by email.
– A blog critique by me on any of one of your blogs.
– The chance to be promoted on my “Blogs I heart” page permanently.
– Secret discount codes for your favorite stores.
– The chance for your polyvore to be promoted in my polyvore bio.
I can’t wait to see everyone’s entries!
In other news…
– Like the makeover? I did a vintage/floral theme complete with new images for several of my pages.
– Love this hair tutorial! http://www.xovain.com/hair/easy-voluminous-waves
– Also, I’ve been getting tons of comments from people that just want to talk. AIM or email is a much easier route.
One of Massie’s infamous trademarks (besides her love of purple and need to constantly reapply lip gloss) is her charm bracelet. Here’s how to get it for less.
– Bracelets where you don’t choose each charm. Hence the name, premade. These are typically cheaper and are easier to find.
* Charlotte Russe- While not known for high quality, this store is better then shops like wet seal and forever 21. Great if you are growing out of a Massie phase, just want to try before you invest in something more expensive, or don’t feel like paying more the 10 dollars.
* Nasty Gal- Known for wild clothing, this site has a surprisingly good charm bracelet. It’s more on the edgier side though and expect to pay 18 to 30 dollars.
* Banana Republic- This store has a fantastic preppy sea inspired bracelet for around 40 dollars.
* Lucky Brand- This Massie approved jeans brand does boho chic for 45 dollars.
* Chanel- While not exactly budget friendly, these are definitely worth the money if you have some extra to spend. Expect to pay a 1000 dollars or more.
These are typically in the higher price range, but you get your money’s worth with 18k charms, and custom plating.
* Brighton- A sort of hybrid between the Pandora variety and a classic charm bracelet that’s super cute. Expect to pay 75-200 dollars.
* Pandora- The inventor of the so called charm bracelet craze became a household brand with it’s unique type of charms. Expect to pay 300-800 dollars.
* Tiffany- The luxury standard in charm bracelets worn by Massie herself. Expect to pay 2000-8000 dollars.
– I made a polyvore! You may have guessed, as I posted 2 recent sets. 🙂 The link is http://thefrugalfashionista.polyvore.com/, & don’t worry I’ll change my username.
– I made it into the 3rd round of the Ultimate Legend contest, and I’m so happy I made it that far. Best of luck to everyone still competing!
– Instagram + Kik are coming soon!
– Look out for a new Massie’s diary entry.